form•Z 7, It's here!
We've been waiting awhile but it's all worth it now. AutoDesSys has just released form•Z 7, a huge upgrade from previous versions and with new features that users around the world have requested. The tagline for this release is "Faster, Easier and Flexibility beyond belief" and this release lives up to that and more. Here's a list of some of the new features and functionality in form•Z 7:
• You start with a smart interface that senses what you intend to do and protects you from unwanted actions. This includes automatic picking and automatic guides that assist you in drawing accurately.
• Fully parametric and dynamic generation of 3D forms that can be further manipulated at any time after their initial generation.
• A Reshape tool that, by capitalizing on real time Boolean operations, offers more sculpting actions that produce robust solid models that can easily be fabricated.
• Totally overhauled suite of NURBS tools combines unprecedented easy of use and power. The new NURBS analysis features aide in the evaluation and refinement of your design
• Powerful formula tools create complex curves and surfaces based on mathematical formulas with ease. The included predefined library of shapes is a launching point for a whole new method of form creation.
• Components are enhanced symbols that include the ability to edit the component directly where it is placed. Components are also embedded in project’s making them less dependant on external library files.
• Newly introduced workspaces group related tools and palettes together making it easy to switch between tasks. User defined workspaces allow for creation of custom workspaces.
• The traditional form•Z drafting and modeling environments found in previous versions have been merged combining the power of both in a unified environment. This powerful combi-nation yields long desired features such as dimensions, hatching and line styles to 3D.
• The modeling interface has been enhanced with a new shaded working environment. Traditional wire frame, hidden line, shaded full and doodle rendering are included. Photorealistic, global Illumination and sketch rendering is available with the optional RenderZone plugin.
• Dynamic clipping planes allow for non-destructive cutting of models. This real-time dynamic interface allows for complete inspection of a design.
• Present your designs interactively on line with the new VR creation features. These allow you to create web ready interactive panoramic and 360 object movies of your design.
• Interoperability, a traditional strength of form•Z, has further been enhanced with updated translators and a new Rhino import feature.
If you have enough #Curiosity you could easily model the #MarsRover!
Looking to upgrade? For those using a previous version of the modeler you can do so HERE and also add hte Renderzone plug-in option. If you are already on form•Z 7 with Renderzone visit HERE for your upgrade options.
If you want to get started you can download the form•Z trial version HERE. When you purchase we will send along a serial number and activation code-no more keys and you will be up and running in no time!
We at the 'garage have been looking forward to this release for a long time and are here to assist you with all of your formZ 7 needs. Call us at 800-383-5195 if you have any questions.
Happy modeling, rendering and more,